This week again a lot of debugging but also new animations created for the second level. There is still a lot of work to do for the game to be bug-free but the fun part (design) is finished.
I like to think about the next game, nothing is decided yet and I don’t know which type of video game I will make. However, there are things that are important for me:
- Focus on art and the storytelling
- Third-person view
And I will probably do something different than a point and click game, maybe something with more animations. I need to do a lot of practice to have something good, hopefully, there are tools and references to make life easier for example posemaniacs.
This last two-week I have found and fixed a lot of bug in the first two levels. But this is far from finished there are more and more bugs coming up each time. I don’t know how much time I will spend on the debugging, but there are far more bugs than expected. This is my biggest project so far, and I don’t have a lot of experiences in programming, so nothing too surprising
This is my biggest project so far, and I don’t have a lot of experiences in programming big things, so nothing too surprising. I have tried again to load DXT textures but it seems I need to change SDL_gpu directly or use OpenGL directly which is very time-consuming. That’s ok texture compression are not absolutely needed, so I am good with using PSD or TGA files for the images.
I am regenerating every sprite sheets because before using OpenCV I have used SDL_gpu and in some cases, the rotated image is a bit blurry.